Thursday, May 24, 2007

Jaffe Zinn takes on the world







"NYU's Kanbar Institute Announces the Winners of 2007 Richard Vague Film Production Fund Award"

"The Kanbar Institute of Film & Television at New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts has announced the winners of the 2007 Richard Vague Film Production Fund awards for alumni filmmaking. In the past, the annual awards were for 1st place ($100,000) and 2nd place ($75,000) and went to two recent graduates to make their first feature-length films. In a departure from previous years, this year’s panel decided to award three prizes totaling $175,000 due to the excellence of the submissions.
The 2007 Richard Vague 1st place winners ($75,000) are: Eric Linn ‘06, Graduate Film Division, for Why We Pull the Trigger, a narrative film that follows three friends who enter the strange world of the underground black market for body parts as a way out of their dead-end jobs and mounting debt; and Jaffe Zinn ‘03, Undergraduate Film Division, for Saturday, a narrative film about the small town of Buhl, Idaho as it slowly awakens during the course of one day to the tragic death of one of its young citizens..."

In the short time that I've known Jaffe, I've found him to be a truly engaging and decent person with an integrity I wish I could emulate. Unfortunately, I ain't got it. I also wish I was as damn cool as Zinn, but darn it, he's got me there, too. I'm proud of what he's accomplished coming out of Idaho, and look forward to hearing about his upcoming production. Hopefully, he will be able to use a number of area filmmakers to help him with his shoot; I know I wait with baited something or other to hear about how Saturday progresses.

-Will

Real Filmmakers. No Tourists
.

No comments: