Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Boise activity in the last 12 months.

One of the things I really dig about living in Boise is the active amateur film community. Just in the last 12 months there have been nearly 100 short films shot (mostly for i48, but still... that's a lot of content), as well as the feature films The Broken Quiet, Vagabond Lane, Guns of Jericho, Norman Waiting, Ibid, and The Sanguinarian. As I write this, Drew Wattles is in production of a short sci-fi film with Dan Epp, The Muse Building residents Iron Circle Pictures/Appaloosa Pictures are working with Boise uber-director Michael Hoffman on a documentary of the 2006 Fiesta Bowl winning Boise State University football team, Autumn Angel director Mike Gough is in Wyoming shooting a marching band documentary, and I'm STILL editing my damn movie.

Here's a pic from i48 2007. Left to right it's TJ Johnson, Jim Van Dam, Pete Iverson and me. This was taken around 4.25 pm at Pete's house. It was such a tough shoot...

As for the i48 2007 judging, I think Jim's wife Chris sums it up best...

-Will

Real Filmmakers. No Tourists.

No comments: